Things to do
Things to see and do during your stay with us:
• Surfing and water sports: the area boasts some of the best surfing beaches around. For those who need to rent equipment or would like to take lessons, Dingle Surf is the local surf school, located in Dingle town. Irish Adventures in Dingle offer several outdoor pursuits from hiking to water sports.
• Beaches: we are spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches. The beautiful Béal Bán stretches for over 3 kilometres and is only a short stroll from the hotel. The lovely Wine Strand beach is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel, as is Muiríoch beach and the breath-taking Coumeenole beach is a short 15 minute drive from us (famously used as a filming location for the iconic film “Ryan’s Daughter”).
• Horse riding: for anyone who would like to explore the local beaches and trails on horseback, there are several local riding centres located within a short drive of us; both Burnham riding centre and Long’s Riding Centre are each only a 10 minute drive from the Ceann Sibéal hotel and Sea View Equestrian in Bally David is less than a 20 minute drive.
• Cultural pursuits: Oidhreacht Chorca Dhuibhne, an Irish language culture organisation is located in Ballyferriter village and offers language and heritage courses, a museum, a bookshop and a café. Pay a visit to Gallarus Oratory, Ireland’s most iconic early Christian church, which is only a 5 minute drive from us and the early Christian and later Medieval Kilmalkedar church is only a ten minute drive from the hotel.
• Relaxation: Spá Atlantach seaweed baths are located in nearby Ballydavid (Baile na nGall).
• Trips: take a trip to the stunning Blasket Islands, Blasket Island ferries operate from Dunquin harbour and Marine tours operate from nearby Ventry, a ten minute drive from us. The Blasket Centre (Ionad an Bhlascaoid Mhóir) is a wonderful place to visit to learn all about the history and people of the Blasket Islands before or after you go to the island. The centre is less than a 15 minute drive from us.
• Scenic drives: we are located along the famous Slea Head drive and close to the magnificent Conor Pass. We are also ideally placed to access the renowned Ring of Kerry drive. There is no shortage of beautiful routes to take nearby. If you don’t feel like taking the wheel yourself, why not avail of the local Dingle Slea Head Tours and let their experienced local guides show you the beauty of the area.
• Arts and crafts: the renowned Louis Mulcahy pottery shop in Clogher, only a 5 minute drive from us, is well worth a visit and if you happen to be there in late October, you’ll catch the annual sale. Lawless furniture studio offer plate making workshops and are located only 1 kilometre from the hotel.
• Local beer & whiskey: take a tour of the nearby West Kerry Brewery, home of Cúl Dorcha craft beer. The Dingle Distillery and the Dingle Brewing Company also offer tours.
• Cooking: the Dingle Cookery School offer cooking courses all year round using local seafood and produce.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if we can offer any assistance in shaping your plans.